SYTE is a brand new Startup founded in Münster in 2021. We are developing a real-estate data and analytics platform that helps to identify and analyze building potentials. We believe that data and AI is the game changer in the early planning processes to create more living space in a more sustainable way.
The founder team combines extensive experience in building up tech-startups, real-estate development and architecture firms. We are doing real deep-tech, crunching a lot of data and using machine learning to analyze the potential of building sites in a brand new technological approach.
Data Engineering at SYTE
At SYTE, we aim to utilize publicly available remote-sensing data with the well-established artificial intelligence technology to enable researchers and urban developers to make informative decisions. The focus of SYTE is to build tools that detect the building potential of real-estate properties and to take sustainability factors such as the soil sealing into account. The prediction is based on a variety of factors and metrics such as the estimated density of built-use in the surrounding area from publicly available geo data (e.g. ALKIS, LiDAR). Important metrics such as the building footprint and height can be derived from this data.
Additionally, we will include images as an integral part of our pipelines. For the aforementioned exciting and challenging tasks we are processing a variety of data structures related to millions of real-estate properties. Which means that we have to use state-of-the-art data engineering, databases and cloud processing technologies to achieve fast and reliable progress.
Role and Responsibilities
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be responsible for creating, improving and maintaining large scale data pipelines. In addition, we believe that we are always learning from each other. This is why you will also work closely with other engineers and data scientists to exchange knowledge.
Your main tasks
- Develop, construct, test and maintain architectures and ELT pipelines for spatial and non-spatial datasets including (image) data acquisition and processing
- Design technical architecture with the data science team
- Work closely with the app team to integrate processed data into our web app
- Schema design
- Data exploration and validation
- Preparing data for machine and deep learning pipelines.
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an open-minded and motivated senior data engineer with strong experience in state-of-the art data engineering, databases and cloud processing technologies. You will be part of a collaborative and growing team of data scientists and software engineers based in Berlin and Münster offices with the possibility to work remotely.
Candidates are required to have 5+ years of professional experience.
- Data modeling fluent
- Python fluent
- SQL fluent
- Profound experience with building up data pipelines (e.g. Airflow, Kafka)
- Profound experience in distributed cloud computing (we are on Google Cloud)
- Dockerized systems fluent
- Git knowledge
- Bash knowledge
- Knowledge in image processing or computer vision pipelines. Using (e.g. OpenCV, Keras…etc)
- Experience with BigQuery (our data warehouse technology)
- Spatial/Geoinformatic analysis knowledge (e.g. PostGIS, Oracle spatial, Neo4j Spatial, GDAL…etc)
- Experience working in an Agile environment and ticketing systems
A remote position is possible but you must be located within Germany! The reason is that we are meeting regularly in person to build up a strong team culture and we want to limit travelling effort.
What we offer
We offer a fast growing startup with motivated and loveable colleagues. You will find experienced colleagues you can exchange knowledge with. At the same time you have a lot of freedom and trust to fulfill your creative ideas. You already find a decent amount of structure but there is still a lot of green field you can shape (in terms of the tech-stack but also the company structures and culture).
Most of the team members are located either in Münster or in Berlin but working remotely is fine too. We meet regularly as we believe it is all about the team and spending time together is strengthening our relationship. We feel like a family where everyone respects each other to the fullest extent. And last but not least, your work is appreciated by your colleagues, by your supervisors and our customers (NPS score 10/10).
- Virtual stock options to participate in the monetary success
- Your personal piece of forest (natural reserve sponsorship)
- Home Office Equipment
- Personal Development Budget (for Conferences, Trainings, E-Learning, Paper Publishing)
- Urban Sports Membership & weekly Yoga Sessions in our Office
- Awesome Team Events and Off-sites
- Brand new hardware of your choice
We are looking forward to your application!