SYTE is a brand new Startup founded in Münster in 2021. We are developing a real-estate data and analytics platform that helps to identify and analyze building potentials. We believe that data and AI is the game changer in the early planning processes to create more living space in a more sustainable way.
The founder team combines extensive experience in building up tech-startups, real-estate development and architecture firms. We are doing real deep-tech, crunching a lot of data and using machine learning to analyze the potential of building sites in a brand new technological approach.
Computer vision at SYTE
At SYTE, we aim to utilize publicly available remote-sensing data with the well-established artificial intelligence technology to enable researchers and urban developers to make informative decisions. The focus of SYTE is to build tools that detect the building potential of real-estate properties and to take sustainability factors such as the soil sealing into account. The prediction is based on a variety of factors and metrics such as the estimated density of built-use in the surrounding area from publicly available geo data (e.g. ALKIS, LiDAR). Important metrics such as the building footprint and height can be derived from this data.
However, there is still huge potential for computer vision techniques to derive data and predictions from imagery such as airborne and satellite. This is due to the complexity of the problem, the geometric nature of the problem and the lack of open data in many states. You will help us leverage this potential!
Role and Responsibilities
As a Senior Computer Vision Engineer, you will be responsible for building fully automated computer vision systems. In addition, we believe that we are always learning from each other. This is why you will also work closely with other engineers and data scientists to exchange knowledge.
A few examples of our under-construction or planned projects you will work on:
- Predict building footprints from airborne and satellite imagery via CNNs.
- Predict sealed surfaces from airborne and satellite imagery via CNNs.
- Populate properties with building footprint proposal via deep learning generative models
- Predict property outlines from airborne and satellite imagery via CNNs.
- Reconstruct 3D building models from LiDAR data.
With your help, we would like to put these projects in production, extend this list with your ideas and use state of the art imaging approaches to solve many of the urban problems.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an open-minded and motivated senior computer vision engineer with strong experience in Deep Learning to drive the deployment and improvement of cutting-edge computer vision systems. You will be part of a collaborative and growing team of data scientists and software engineers based in Berlin and Münster offices with the possibility to work remotely.
M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Computer Vision, Signal Processing, Engineering, Mathematics, Applied Sciences, or equivalent. Candidates are required to have 5+ years of professional experience.
- In-depth knowledge of state-of-the-art object detection and instance segmentation algorithms
- Experienced in Python
- In-depth understanding of TensorFlow, Keras, or PyTorch
- Experience working with one of the following technologies or networks: Mask R-CNN, Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs), Autoencoders, PointNet, PointNet++.
- Experience working in an Agile environment and ticketing systems
- Experience with Docker is a plus
- Experience with Cloud Environments is a plus (we are on Google Cloud)
- Experience with building up data pipelines (e.g. Airflow, Kafka) is a plus
A remote position is possible but you must be located within Germany! The reason is that we are meeting regularly in person to build up a strong team culture and we want to limit travelling effort.
What we offer
We offer a fast growing startup with motivated and loveable colleagues. You will find experienced colleagues you can exchange knowledge with. At the same time you have a lot of freedom and trust to fulfill your creative ideas. You already find a decent amount of structure but there is still a lot of green field you can shape (in terms of the tech-stack but also the company structures and culture).
Most of the team members are located either in Münster or in Berlin but working remotely is fine too. We meet regularly as we believe it is all about the team and spending time together is strengthening our relationship. We feel like a family where everyone respects each other to the fullest extent. And last but not least, your work is appreciated by your colleagues, by your supervisors and our customers (NPS score 10/10).
- Virtual stock options to participate in the monetary success
- Your personal piece of forest (natural reserve sponsorship)
- Home Office Equipment
- Personal Development Budget (for Conferences, Trainings, E-Learning, Paper Publishing)
- Urban Sports Membership & weekly Yoga Sessions in our Office
- Awesome Team Events and Off-sites
- Brand new hardware of your choice
We are looking forward to your application!