SYTE is a brand new Startup founded in Münster in 2021. We are developing a real-estate data and analytics platform that helps to identify and analyze building potentials. We believe that data and AI is the game changer in the early planning processes to create more living space in a more sustainable way.
The founder team combines extensive experience in building up tech-startups, real-estate development and architecture firms. We are doing real deep-tech, crunching a lot of data and using machine learning to analyze the potential of building sites in a brand new technological approach.
The Cloud at SYTE
At SYTE, we aim to utilize publicly available remote-sensing data with the well-established artificial intelligence technology to enable researchers and urban developers to make informative decisions. For this we are building data-pipelines and running data-science experiments in containerized environments. Our single-page application accesses our platform via REST APIs powered by containerized Python applications.
All this is running all our services in the Google Cloud, most are deployed in a Kubernetes Cluster. We are using a lot of open source technologies like PostgreSQL, Docker or Python but also some proprietary GCP technologies like BigQuery, Cloud Logging and Monitoring.
Role and Responsibilities
As a Senior Cloud Engineer, you will be our expert for bringing the great software we create into production so that security, scalability and durability is ensured. We understand your role as a team player that enables the other engineers to deploy their software. Your main tasks to:
- Managing cloud resources through Terraform
- Write Kubernetes resource files for deploying applications into the cloud environment
- Help setting up complex data pipelines in the Cloud
- Assist our engineers to deploy their software and services
- Create deployment pipelines
- Setup monitoring and alerting
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an open-minded and motivated senior DevOps or Cloud Engineer with strong experience in Cloud technologies (preferably Google Cloud). You will be part of a collaborative and growing app development and data science team based in Münster and Berlin offices with the possibility to work remotely.
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development and/or IT operations
- 3+ years of experience with cloud environments (preferably but not necessarily Google Cloud)
- Strong experience with build process automation and monitoring
- Experience with Docker (and Kubernetes)
- Experience with database management
- Fluent in writing shell scripts
- Basic Python skills
- Basic SQL skills
- Software engineering skills with Python is nice to have
- Experience with data-pipelines is beneficial
A remote position is possible but you must be located within Germany! The reason is that we are meeting regularly in person to build up a strong team culture and we want to limit travelling effort.
What we offer
We offer a fast growing startup with motivated and loveable colleagues. You will find experienced colleagues you can exchange knowledge with. At the same time you have a lot of freedom and trust to fulfill your creative ideas. You already find a decent amount of structure but there is still a lot of green field you can shape (in terms of the tech-stack but also the company structures and culture).
Most of the team members are located either in Münster or in Berlin but working remotely is fine too. We meet regularly as we believe it is all about the team and spending time together is strengthening our relationship. We feel like a family where everyone respects each other to the fullest extent. And last but not least, your work is appreciated by your colleagues, by your supervisors and our customers (NPS score 10/10).
- Virtual stock options to participate in the monetary success
- Your personal piece of forest (natural reserve sponsorship)
- Home Office Equipment
- Personal Development Budget (for Conferences, Trainings, E-Learning, Paper Publishing)
- Urban Sports Membership & weekly Yoga Sessions in our Office
- Awesome Team Events and Off-sites
- Brand new hardware of your choice
We are looking forward to your application!